Aimed at introducing the latest technologies and the latest devices to the youth market, a rolling experiential pop up HUAWEI nova Campus Roadshow is on the road, making stops at 13 universities around Klang Valley. Starting from August until mid-October, university students will get the chance to explore and get up close and personal with the newly launched HUAWEI nova 3 and 3i devices.
The nova campus roadshow received overwhelming response with just the first two universities stops – where more than 900 students participated at the roadshow. Bringing in the fun of nova 3 and 3i closer to them, students are welcomed to join in and experience a series of fun interactive display zones highlighting the whole gamut of the devices’ features such as the 4 AI Camera capability and 3D QMOJI where they can express themselves in many fun ways by digitally transposing the face of a user onto a digital avatar.
With the nova 3 Series, there is more reason to love a good selfie. Bringing the AI experience to life, students get a chance to win the HUAWEI nova 3 and 3i by joining the AI Selfie Contest and AR Video Challenge to showcase their inner selfie expert with the incredible AI selfie features and create more fun memories with their friends. Both the activities proved to be highly popular amongst students with long queues sighted at the booths.
“AI is closer to becoming part of our lives than ever before. The technology enables the smartphone to better enhance and improve the life of a user. The HUAWEI nova Series is equipped with AI capabilities, which offers enhanced AI features in photography, image recognition, slow motion video and many more. We are excited to have launched this fun and innovative range and we can’t wait to bring this experience closer to the younger generation and the young at heart!” said Matthew Ng, Deputy Country Director, HUAWEI Malaysia.
“Aside from bringing the nova experience closer to the ground, HUAWEI is also inviting university students to participate in the nova Apprentice Program where scholarships total up to RM30,000 will be handed out to the winning teams. Participants will be required to develop digital plans and eCommerce business model based on a specific task. The champion may also earn an internship opportunity at HUAWEI, one of the Fortune 500 company. A great stepping stone to prepare students for the working world. We targeted 10 for each university, but have now surpassed our goal with 21 registering for the program,” added Ng.
AI Selfie Contest
- Take a selfie at the AI Selfie Corner background with the nova 3 or nova 3i
- Share the selfie on their Instagram account with hashtags: #novasuperstar #novacampustour #huaweinova3 #huaweinova3i #novaatUITM (*depending on which uni we are at)
- Every student who participate will get a HUAWEI goodie bags (provided if they have experienced the demo zone and 360 camera experience)
- 3x Consolation prizes per University (Huawei Power Bank)
- Picture with most creative selfie & creative caption will win the 1x Grand Prize Huawei Nova 3i (1 unit for all 13 Uni)
AR Video Challenge
- Record a 10 second video using the AR stickers / Gesture Effects / 3D QMOJI and tell us why you deserve to win a Huawei nova 3
- Upload to FB with hashtag: #novasuperstar #novacampustour #huaweinova3 #huaweinova3i #novaatUITM (*depending on which uni we are at)
- The most creative reason on why they deserve to be the winner will win the 1 unit of Huawei nova 3 (1 unit for all 13 Uni)
Be the selected few to join the nova Apprentice Program and receive scholarships total up to RM30,000
HUAWEI is giving out an opportunity for students to showcase their business skills and put theory to the test. All they need to do is:
- Create a team with 3 members from respective university
- Develop a business model and eCommerce platform to promote Huawei nova 3 & nova 3i
- One team who generates most interests over our product and able to complete the task using their business, marketing, social media and sales skills is entitled to be offered a scholarship up to RM15,000
- First Prize: RM15,000 | Second Prize: RM10,000 | Third Prize: RM5,000
Schedule of the HUAWEI nova Campus Tour Roadshow as follows:
|1.||APU,Serdang||14th & 15th Aug||10am – 4pm|
|2.||MMU, Cyberjaya||16th & 17th Aug|
|3.||Brickfield Asia College,,PJ||22nd & 23rd Aug|
|4.||Taylor’s University Lakeside||28th & 29th Aug|
|5.||UKM, Bangi||12th & 13th Sept|
|6.||KDU, Glenmarie||18th & 19th Sept|
|7.||HELP, Subang Bestari||20th & 21st Sept|
|8.||UPM, Serdang||24th & 25th Sept|
|9.||TARUC, Kuala Lumpur||2nd & 3rd Oct|
|10.||Universiti Malaya||8th & 9th Oct|
|11.||MSU, Shah Alam||10th & 11th Oct|
|12.||UTAR, Sg. Long||15th & 16th Oct|
|13.||Uniten, Kajang||17th & 18th Oct|