Huawei Consumer Business Group has today announced the launch of the new HUAWEI P10 and P10+, innovative and stylish smartphones, co-‐engineered with Leica, which bring professional studio-‐like effects to enhance your portrait photography. Through a special partnership with Pantone Color InstituteTM, the world’s pre-‐eminent thought leader on colour, the devices are introduced in the latest on-‐trend colours, specially optimised for their unique Hyper Diamond-‐Cut finish. Complemented by cutting edge technological innovations inside, including Huawei SuperCharge, HUAWEI P10 and P10+ are the most advanced photography smartphones available.
For the first time in a smartphone, HUAWEI P10 and P10+ feature a Leica front camera, to complement their Leica Dual rear camera. By utilising the world’s most advanced photographic technology to create modern artistic portraits in Leica’s signature image style, the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ put all the tools of an artistic studio in your pocket. With features includingstudio-‐like re-‐ lighting and 3D facial detection technology, you are able to produce beautiful photography results in any environment.
The new front camera allows anyone to capture perfect portrait photography in Leica image style whilst the rear camera captures facial features with incredible detail, bringing your photos vividly to life. Whichever way your lens is pointed you will be able to make every shot a cover shot, and professional lighting effects make your subject stand out, whatever the conditions. Huawei’s Hybrid Zoom, is an additional feature that allows users to focus in on specific areas of an image while still keeping the sharpness of image quality.
As well as redefining portrait photography through the latest photographic technologies, the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ set a new standard in colour and design. Co-‐created with Pantone Color Institute, the devices launch in two specially selected Pantone colours: PANTONE Greenery*, the official PANTONE Colour of the Year 2017, and a captivating deep blue shade which Huawei is offering as Dazzling Blue. By combining Huawei’s advanced industry design expertise and leading metal craftsmanship with the trusted colour thought leadership and direction of Pantone Color Institute, the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ embody the personalities of the contemporary consumer.
The result of hours of careful craftsmanship and cross-‐collaboration between Huawei and Pantone Color Institute, both colourways have been specially optimised for the surface and texture ofthe HUAWEI P10 and P10+ to deliver smartphones that are as beautiful to look at as they are to use. Greenery delivers a clean and stylish sandblast finish, whilst the unique Hyper Diamond-‐Cut in Dazzling Blue is brought to life through a stunning glow effect. To complement these unique colourways, the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ are also available in a selection of striking colours including Ceramic White, Dazzling Gold, Prestige Gold, Graphite Black, Rose Gold and Mystic Silver.
As part of the Huawei P series, the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ feature an ultra slim, minimalistic form with rounded curves. The high-‐quality design extends to its high-‐performance functions which include super-‐fast charging, thanks to Huawei’s proprietary SuperCharge technology, an operating system that will always stay just as fast as they day you purchased it and superior connectivity that ensures wherever you are you’ll stay connected.
Huawei has harnessed its relationship with Saatchi Gallery and Leica Camera to redefine portrait photography. Seven renowned photographers1 recommended by these iconic institutions have created a collection of stunning, artistic works using the HUAWEI P10 smartphone. Focusing attention on the evolution of portraiture, the photographers have created their own interpretation of portrait photography, using the handset.These artists’ work debuted for the first time at a special pop-‐up exhibition in Barcelona, from 26 February – 28 February 2017. And selected works will be included in the ‘From Selfie to Self-‐ Expression’ exhibition at Saatchi Gallery London from 30 March.
Huawei has also partnered with Chinese designer Ricostru to develop a new aesthetic for a new collection of HUAWEI P10 and P10+ accessories. The collection features the mini smartphone bag; the perfect partner for the new devices. Small but stylish, the bag fuses retro and oriental elements throughout weaving textures and a sculpted architectural aesthetic.
HUAWEI P10 and P10+ are available in Europe and China from March, 2017, followed shortly after by Asia, Latin America, South Africa and Russia in April, 2017. Priced at: P10 €649, P10+ (64GB + 4GB) €699, P10+ (128GB + 6GB) €799.
HUAWEI P10 and P10+ are available in Greenery and Dazzling Blue, co-‐designed with Pantone Color Institute. Other colourways include Ceramic White, Dazzling Gold -‐ with Hyper Diamond-‐Cut finish -‐ and Prestige Gold, Graphite Black, Rose Gold and Mystic Silver -‐ with sandblast finish.
HUAWEI P10 key Portraiture Features:
- 3D Facial Detection An all-‐new intelligent facial detection system features over 190 detailed identification nodes for accurate recognition for perfect selfies.
- Leica Dual-‐Camera 2.0: The Leica Dual-‐Camera 2.0 on the P10 features a 12MP RGB + 20MP monochrome sensor that captures detailed facial features. The 2.0 Pro Edition carries SUMMILUX-‐H Leica lenses, with a larger F/1.8 aperture to capture more light in low-‐light situations
- Hybrid Zoom: An additional new feature that allows users to focus in on specific areas of an image while still keeping the sharpness of image quality
- Embedded ISP: The Kirin 960 with embedded ISP enables real-‐time viewing of depth-‐of-‐field changes and facial features.
- Studio-‐like Portrait Enhancements: The artistic imaging algorithm in the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ is based on the extensive research of various different face shapes and skin colors. By understanding the relative position of each facial feature and theuniqueness of skin type, the portrait enhancements can be applied in a customized and more natural way.
- Dynamic Illumination: HUAWEI P10 and P10+ include an auto-‐sensing algorithm that tracks environment lighting changes and automatically adjusts the shooting configuration, including the AWB, shutter speed and more
- Front Camera Sensor: All-‐new front camera sensor that captures more light to improve picture quality in low-‐light conditions.